Give with a purpose
ROOM TO ROOM CAMPAIGN
Please help us raise the final $50,000 to reach our Room to Read goal!
There is a solution to illiteracy.
Right now, there are 80,000 adults in the Lowcountry who dropped out of high school. That’s more than the populations of Goose Creek and James island combined. Adult literacy is a big problem that will only get worse if we let it.
But there is a proven solution, and we invite you to be a part of it.
Yes. I want to donate to the Room to Read campaign
Room to Read: The $500,000 Campaign for Trident Literacy will give more functionally illiterate adults the basic skills they need to thrive.
Room to Read will also help fuel our economy. By giving our neighbors the financial literacy, English language skills, and WorkKeys certifications, we will help develop the educated workforce our economy needs to grow.
Why Room to Read?
Walk into Trident Literacy any day of the week and you’ll see 25 students stuffed into a classroom designed for 10; you’ll watch a teacher struggling to keep her students’ attention in a classroom that doubles as a hallway. You’ll see students trying to concentrate in a noisy computer lab without walls.
Room to Read will also help fuel our economy. By giving our neighbors the financial literacy, English language skills, and WIN SC certifications, we will help develop the educated workforce our economy needs to grow.
Room to Read will remove all barriers to our students’ success by moving to a larger, more functional main campus with:
- More space, more teachers, and more volunteers to serve 20% more students every year.
- Dedicated classrooms designed for effective small-group learning.
- Quiet spaces for our volunteer tutors to work one-on-one with students.
- A computer lab with partitions between computers that enable students to focus.
- Ample public bus transportation and parking.
- Welcoming child care area to serve students with children.
Trident Literacy is among the most effective literacy program in the state.
- Trident Literacy exceeds state learning standards in 12 of 12 categories.
- TLA partners with 56 other organizations to fight against poverty.
- There are 80,000 dropouts in the Lowcountry.
- 1,000+ students each year improve their literacy skills, earn their GED or WorkKeys certifications, or learn to speak English because of Trident Literacy.
In the fight against poverty, nothing is more powerful than education. And no organization is more effective that Trident Literacy at giving adults the skills they need to beat poverty.
Mayor Joe Riley,
Room to Read, Honorary Campaign Chair
Your support: Their vote of confidence
Little more than half our budget comes from government sources. It’s why your support us so critical.
Because illiteracy affects our entire community, let’s work together and solve it. Let’s give the 80,000 dropouts in our community the tools they need.
Your investment in Trident Literacy’s Room to Read campaign is a powerful weapon in the fight against poverty.
Please contact Rachel Knight at 843-747-2223 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.