Trident Literacy provides instruction to all of our students in the computer and digital skills they need to function successfully in today’s technological workforce and in life as engaged citizens.
This includes everything from basic keyboarding and word processing skills to accessing online curriculum including WIN.
We help students with many skills, including but not limited to:
- Utilizing many forms of technology; smart phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
- Setting up and regularly using email accounts.
- Using Google productivity programs.
- Making use of Cloud storage.
- Managing online identity with social media more effectively.
- Utilizing the internet safely and with critical thinking skills to access personal accounts, news, and information.
- Creating resumes and cover letters.
- Searching and applying for jobs, financial aid, training programs, college, and/or military enlistment.
* Trident Literacy does not provide this to the community as stand-alone services, only to registered and active students.
Students spend time in the computer lab to hone their skills, and are encouraged to bring personal devices so that staff can assist.