Improving lives in our community.
Being literate means being able to read the newspaper or a medicine bottle, or to complete a job application. It means a better life. Trident Literacy Association offers individualized and small group instruction for adults that gets results.
Our programs include:
- Bridge to Success
- GED Preparation
- English as a Second Language
- Computer Basics & Digital Literacy
- WIN – Job Skills Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) Preparation and Testing
- JAG (Jobs for America’s Graduates)
- Early Childhood and Family Literacy
What makes TLA unique?
Our students benefit from our self-paced study programs, tailored to meet their needs. Study groups have 5 or fewer students, making learning comfortable and easier. One-on-one tutoring is available, with volunteer tutors who treat students with respect. There is a $30 per semester fee. There is no charge for senior citizens aged 65 and up, anyone receiving SNAP benefits, or anyone living in a household that receives SNAP.